Facility & Pavilion Rentals

Picnic Shelter Rental

Lawson Park

Groups may reserve the picnic shelters at Starr/Jaycee Park, Memorial Park, Normandy Oaks and V.F.W. Park. Royal Oak residents have priority to reserve a shelter January through March 31 for next summer; starting April 1, non-residents may apply. Rental fee is based upon the size of the shelter:

 Shelter TypesWeekdaysWeekends

 Large Shelter has 12 tables (Memorial Park Only)$75$100$100$125
Large Shelter has 10 tables (Starr/VFW)$45$55$60$70
Large Shelter has 8 tables (Normandy Oaks)$125$175$150$200
 Small Shelter has 4 tables $25 $30 $30 $35

Call 248-246-3180 or check here for a copy of the Park Shelter Reservation/Rental policy (PDF).

Register for all rentals online! *Lawson is not available until the end of July due to construction.  

Senior / Community Center Rental


Meeting rooms at the Community Center are available for rent by non-profit groups during the evening hours. Room set-up and take down is the responsibility of the requesting organization. The Center is available for private functions, such as birthday parties, wedding receptions, family reunions, etc. View the community center page for information regarding rental policies and fees or call 248-246-3900.

Ballfield Reservations

memorial 3 pic

Royal Oak residents can reserve various ballfields on weekends during the summer for a nominal fee. Call the Recreation Office 248-246-3180 one week ahead for weekend field reservations. Permits issued weekdays only, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Gymnasium Rentals


There are a few remaining time slots left for gymnasium rentals at the Salter Community Center. The cost of renting the gym is $60 per hour. For more information and available times please call 248-246-3180.

Farmers Market

farmers market

The Farmers Market is available Monday thru Friday, January - April, for any hours; Beginning May 1st, Fridays are reserved as market days. Saturdays - From 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. all year. Posted Occupancy - 700. For more information call 248-246-3276.

Outdoors Special Events

Use permits are required for all outdoor events including but not limited to running events, fund raisers, festivals, tournaments, weddings and any other event that may take place on public park and/or city facilities.