Changes to the interior, unless they affect the integrity of the exterior, do not require review, or approval by the Historic District Commission (HDC).
Changes to the exterior need to be addressed as follows:
• The request for change is taken to the Building Department at City Hall along with any contracts.
• The Building Department contacts the HDC chairperson.
• The HDC chairperson convenes its members, sets a date for review, and notifies the Building Department, who in turn, notifies the property owner of the date to attend this review. Contractors should be included.
• Following review and discussion, the HDC will vote to
2. Not approve
3. Partial approval
• Notification is given to the Building Department within the next business day.
• The HDC reports are the methods for noting changes in the historically designated properties for future reference.