Forms & Applications

Useful Forms



Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) Absent Voter Ballot application forms (to print and complete) can be found on the City Clerk's office page.
Animal Shelter Volunteer Application Applications for persons wishing to perform volunteer service at the Royal Oak Animal Shelter are not being taken at this time. We currently have a full list of applicants. Thank you for your interest!
Arts Beats and Eats Parking Application (PDF) Arts, Beats, and Eats Parking Station Application. Any privately owned and operated parking lot used for the purpose of parking motor vehicles in the Festival Zone during the Arts, Beats & Eats Festival where the owner or person parking such vehicle is charged a fee must apply for a permit with the City Clerk's office.  Applications are available until 60 days prior to the event.
Application for a banner request at Main Street and 11 Mile Rd or Main Street at Fifth. $225 fee payable in advance. Banners will be displayed for one week. Event must be approved by the City Commission in advance of the event date.
Bids and RFP Documents This is a link to Bid and RFP opportunities. Information for Vendors on how to register with the Michigan Intergovernmental Trade Network (MITN) is also available.
Block Party Request (PDF) Requests for Block Party Permits must be submitted to the Police at least 14 days in advance of the planned event.
Boards and Committees Application (PDF) Application for a position on various City Boards and Committees. Click here to view the application online.
Student Representative on Board Application (PDF) Student application for a position on specified City Boards and Committees
Application Brownfield -  Redevelopment (PDF)
Application - Brownfield Redevelopment
Building Permit Application (Residential) (PDF) Building Permit Application forms and instructions
Commission Room Use (PDF) An application for use of the City Commission Room. Applications must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office and must be submitted 30 days prior to event and is subject to approval by the City Commission
Contaminated Sewage (PDF) The City Engineering Division handles these permits. Contaminated Sewage Discharge Permits are required to be obtained prior to discharge of any contaminated sewage into the Royal Oak Sewer System in accordance with City Code
Engineering Permit The City of Royal Oak Engineering Division issues permits for construction or blockage activities in the public right-of-way and for on-site paving operations.
Application to Film or Videotap (PDF) Application to film or videotape on City streets or other City property
FOIA Request (PDF)
Freedom of Information Act requests are handled by the City Clerk's office
Job Application Package (PDF)
General Employment Application. Job application packet for general employment positions at the City of Royal Oak. Please check current positions available before sending in an application.
Land Division Combination Application (PDF)
The Assessing Office will handle all land division / combination changes
Application to Harbor Livestock (PDF) Non-refundable application fee of $20.00 to harbor livestock
Non Profit Designation (PDF) Application for designation of non-profit status
Outdoor Dining Application (PDF) Application for the use of the public right-of-way for a business to host a sidewalk café or street patio.
Peddler's Application (PDF) Peddler's Applications include any door to door soliciting as well as ice cream trucks.  
This form is to be filed with the City Clerk.

Permits - Building Department The Building Department handles permits for: Residential and Commercial Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Sewer, and sign permits. Check here for applications and fees.
Planning Department Applications, checklists and forms Special Planning department forms, applications, check lists, as follows: Application - Plan Commission & ZBA, Checklist - PC Site Plan Review, Checklist - Zoning Board of Appeals, Application - Brownfield Redevelopment, Application - Fence Appeal, Application - License Agreement, Application - Sign Appeal, Application - Sidewalk Cafe and Checklist, Application - Vacation Closure Dedication, Application - Valet Parking, Application - Zoning Compliance Letter
Property and Tax forms
State of Michigan Property and Tax forms can be found online at the State's Department of Treasury website.
Request for Voter Information (PDF)
Requests to purchase lists of voter information. You can also fill out the request online, and provide a credit card for payment by clicking here: Online Request for Voter Information
Registration form - Recreation (PDF)
Class or registration form and instructions
Residential Parking Permit Application Residential Parking Pass Application, filled out with a copy of  your driver's license, and a copy of the vehicle registration.  Application and payment submitted to the City Clerk's office. Click here for instructions.  You can also fill out the request online, and provide a credit card for payment by clicking here:  Online Residential Parking Permit Application
Roots Foundation Donation
The Royal Oak Opportunity to Serve (ROOTS) Foundation Committee will
make every effort to utilize the gift for the donor's intended purpose
if so specified.
Royal Oak Police Department Complaint Form (PDF) Submit a complaint against police employee/department.
Sidewalk Sign (PDF)
Sidewalk Sign - License Application.
Site Plan Review
Site Plan Review - City Planning Division. Application, check list, fees, etc.
Solicitation Application Solicitation Application to be filed with the City Clerk
Special Event Permit (PDF) Special Event Permit application to be filed with the City Clerk.
Special Needs Form (PDF)
Form to be used by emergency response personnel only.
Tax Deferment Form (PDF)
Use this form to apply for deferment of summer taxes.
Vacation Closure (PDF)
Application - Vacation Closure Dedication.
Valet Parking (PDF)
Valet Parking Application form to be submitted to City Clerk.
Woodward Dream Cruise (PDF) Woodward Dream Cruise Application
Zoning Ordinance City of Royal Oak Zoning Ordinance Records
Water Bill Payment (PDF)
Enrollment form to request direct payment option.