- Treasurer's Office
- Tax Foreclosure Prevention
Tax Foreclosure Prevention
Five Ways to Prevent Property Tax Foreclosure
- If your property is your home, or principle residence, make certain that you have claimed a "Principle Residence Exemption" on your income tax.
- If you did not file an income tax return, you may be eligible for a Homestead Property Tax Credit from the State of Michigan.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may claim a poverty exemption.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may also claim a hardship extension, granting you more time to pay your back taxes without losing your property.
- Contact the Office of Oakland County Treasurer Andy Meisner or your local treasurer immediately if you are having trouble paying your property taxes.
Oakland County Resources That Can Help YouHuman Services, Housing Counseling, Employment Training and General Assistance Contact Information:
- Oakland County Department of Human Services
- Oakland County Housing Counseling Services
- Oakland County Veteran Services
- Lighthouse of Oakland County
- Oakland Livingston Human Services Agency
- Community Services of Oakland County
- Oakland County Foreclosure Prevention Initiative
- Oakland County Health Department
- United Way of Oakland County
- Community Housing Network, Inc.
Phone: 248-928-0111, ext. 1380
- Michigan Works!
- Gleaners Food Bank
- Common Ground Sanctuary
24-Hour Crisis Helpline
Domestic Violence 24-Hour Crisis Helpline
- CARE House