IT Coordinator & Webmaster
Host of Monday Night Walk-In Technology Help Sessions
Check out our featured paperbacks selections. Sign up to get this list delivered to your inbox when the list gets updated.
Check out our featured trade paperbacks selections. Sign up to get this list delivered to your inbox when the list gets updated.
Check out our featured Non-fiction selections. Sign up to get this list delivered to your inbox when the list gets updated.
Stay informed on what's hot in fiction. Once a month, you'll get reviews of tomorrow's bestsellers in a range of genres.
If you are searching for great novels, a title to dazzle your book group, or a place to share your thoughts on an author you’ve just discovered, Readers Corner is the place for you. Library staffers have pulled together a number of resources to help you navigate the wonderful world of books. This is where you can browse lists of new library titles; find our handy book-kits-to-go; discover the monthly choices of the Library’s two book discussion groups; andenjoy book reviews and recommendations. And, of course, you can also view the book blog to discover what ROPL staff find interesting. In fact, library staffers are avid readers (as well as listeners of downloadable and CD books), so we’re anxious to hear from you.
And when you visit the library, don't forget to check out the lists of book suggestions compiled by the staff's librarians. They are in binders on the reference shelf behind the adult reference desk on the main floor. Browse them for recommended reads, prize-winners and titles arranged by theme and/or genre.
To subscribe to any of the e-newsletters listed below:
- Click on the check box next to all newsletters you wish to receive.
- Enter your email address in box provided.
- Click on the Subscribe button below the list.
The Youth Services Department is located on the lower level of the library, accessible by stairs or elevator. We serve infants through sixth grade. Librarians who specialize in serving youth are available to help you at all times. Our goal is to make your library visit a successful one. We will do our best to help you find what you need.
What you'll find in the Children's Department:
- A Youth Services Librarian specializing in your child's interests and reading level.
- Year-round programming.
- Computers for all ages.
- Quiet study rooms.
- Educational toys and games.
- Same floor restrooms including a family restroom.
In the downtown business district, the Royal Oak Public Library is located in southern Royal Oak at 222 E. Eleven Mile Road, near the corner of Eleven Mile and Main Street. Its front door, on the south side, opens across the green from city hall and the police station. It is easily accessible from several principal routes including Woodward Avenue, I-75 and I-696.
The Library is open 56 hours per week, Monday through Saturday.
Note: The public computers shut off 15 minutes before close.
- Monday & Wednesday | 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday & Thursday | 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Friday - Saturday | 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday | Closed
The mission of the Royal Oak Public Library is to be an informational, intellectual, cultural and recreational resource for all people; to inspire the spirit, educate the mind, and be a center of community pride.
Royal Oak Public Library provides:
- Downloadable eBooks
- Early literacy opportunities which help prepare young children for school
- Public Internet access and Wi-Fi
- Programs and materials for job seekers
- Rentable meeting rooms
- Local history and genealogy resources
- Lifelong learning resources and opportunities
- Reading, viewing, and listening entertainment
- Information needed to make informed decisions regarding health and lifestyle
- Community resources and services
- Assistance in how to find and evaluate information
- Monthly e-newsletters featuring upcoming programs and services
- Copying and faxing services
Some of these services are delivered in traditional formats such as library programs, print books and DVDs, while others are accessible 24/7 from home as databases, tutorials, and downloadable eBooks and audiobooks.
Library Operating Activities
The Michigan Activity Pass program is designed to enhance the learning experience for people of all ages by providing reduced cost or complimentary access to arts and cultural organizations across the state of Michigan. Royal Oak Public Library cardholders may get free or discounted admission to almost 100 cultural attractions throughout Michigan.