For information on fines, printing costs and other library related fees visit the Library Schedule of Fees.
Royal Oak Public Library cards are issued without discrimination to Royal Oak residents for library services. The Royal Oak Public Library requires official identification showing the resident's name and permanent address.
The following will be accepted:
- Michigan driver's license or State ID card with current Royal Oak address
- or, picture ID with proof of residency shown by two of the following:
- car registration
- utility bill
- copy of lease or mortgage
- copy of property tax statement
- Persons under 18 years of age who are not emancipated minors must have the signature of a parent or guardian on their application cards in order to be issued a card. If parent/guardian is not a current ROPL card holder, parent/guardian must show same proofs of residency as required above.
- The Royal Oak Public Library reserves the right to refuse a card to a person for failure to meet the above requirements.
- "Michicard" stickers will be applied to Royal Oak library cards for Royal Oak residents on request, giving the card owner access to more than 300 participating libraries throughout the state.
- The Library will issue cards to employees of companies, schools, or organizations in the city of Royal Oak. In addittion to personal identification as outlined above, the employee must present proof signed by business owner or school administrator that they are employed in the city.
- The fee for a non-resident library card is $100 per person for one year.
- Cost to replace a lost library card: $1.00.
Register For Your Card Online
Fill out the form below to register for a card online. Please allow up to 2 business days before you come in to verify your address and receive your card.